Google Analytics is important to track how users visit your site and what they do on your site, follow these steps to implement this onto your WordPress site:
- Create a Google tracking code by following this guide – https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008080?hl=en
- Once you have your
<script>code from Google, login to your admin WordPress account.
- Hover over ‘Appearance’ and select ‘Customize’.
- Select the option ‘Additional Scripts’.
- Paste in your Google tracking code into the ‘Header Scripts’. Be sure to include the entire code with the
- Select ‘Publish’ to save your changes.