Follow these steps to debug WordPress issues:
- Login to your site via FTP or control panel.
- Navigate to your WordPress installed folder (usually public_html or www).
- Edit the wp-config.php and edit the following code and save it (If this code exists, simply change the values or add it in if it’s not found):
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false ); define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
- Keep your FTP or control panel open still. Navigate back to your WordPress site and recreate the issue that you were experiencing.
- Go back to your FTP or control panel and navigate to your ‘wp-content’ folder.
- You should now have a debug.log file which will tell you where the errors are coming from.
- Include this file or error messages inside your support thread to help support solve your problem faster.
Tip: Once done debugging, be sure to set all the values mentioned in 3.1 to false.
Tip: Follow the other topics in the Troubleshooting category for more specific issues regarding plugins etc.